We’ve been getting a great response on applications for our Race Everywhere athlete sponsorships for 2017. We’ve also gotten some really good questions on how this (or any) sponsorship works. So here are a few Q&A.
We put together this program with the great advice and support of an industry leader in the field, Vickie Saunders of The Sponsorship Consultants, out of Australia. ( thesponsorshipconsultants.com ). Vicki and her team have made an entire field of practice out of helping companies and athletes develop successful relationships through sponsorship and brand ambassadorship.
QUESTION: I’M VERY INTERESTED, BUT I AM NOT ELITE. SHOULD I EVEN APPLY?
ANSWER: Hell yes. We are regular athletes ourselves – s0 are our customers, so that’s what we are about! If you love your sport, want to share your story and want to help support Race Everywhere, that’s what we’re looking for.
QUESTION: I AM A MEMBER OF A TRI CLUB. DO I HAVE TO REGISTER AS PART OF TEAM RACE EVERYWHERE WHEN I RACE?
ANSWER: No, not at all! We want to see you continue to support your club, and we might even look for ways we can support them directly, ourselves. We would, however, like you to wear some of our kit if we’re funding your entry to a particular event. And, hey, free kit, right?
QUESTION: WHAT WOULD I DO AS A SPONSORED ATHLETE?
ANSWER: One of the key lessons we learned in working with The Sponsorship Consultants is that every athlete has something unique to contribute. Not only has everyone traveled their own path and have their own unique inspirational story to tell, but they have different skills and capabilities that can bring value to Race Everywhere in different ways. In return, there are different things we can provide to our athletes that have different kinds of value to them. So, during the application review process, we’ll speak with our top applicants and find the right mix of activities and value for both of us. Some examples of athlete activities include:
- Participating in a focus group to give us feedback on Race Everywhere, and helping us shape future releases and features
- Sharing Race Reports and RaceTips from your past events
- Sharing news and your experience with Race Everywhere with your friends and fellow athletes
- Letting us take your picture and write up a blog post about you as a sponsored athlete
- Participating in one of our podcasts
- Wearing our kit during sponsored events and in some group training sessions if you like (it’s quite nice kit 🙂
- Make a video or FB Live broadcast scouting out a course, pre-race, race start and at the finish of your sponsored event
- Take event photographs for us
- Write an article on an event or race destination
- Representing Race Everywhere at an event (expo, trade show, etc.)
- Or other creative things we can come up with together which fit your skills and capabilities
Of course the final list of activities be different for each athlete, and will depend on their abilities and interests.
QUESTION: WHAT WOULD I GET AS A SPONSORED ATHLETE?
ANSWER: Per above, that depends on what you’re able to contribute, and what you are interested in. At the very least, we’ll have kit for you and pay for your entry for your big event in 2017. Depending on what you’re able to contribute, we might also provide some of the following –
- An opportunity to share your amazing story or promote your cause
- Paid entry to more events
- Even more great kit
- Coverage for some or all travel costs (bike transport, airfare, etc.) to an event
- Discounted or free coaching services like bike-fits, run analysis, etc.
- Opportunity to get engaged with others in the community, including athletes, coaches, race directors and more
- Offers from our partners
- Or other creating things we can come up with together
The final list of items will be different for each athlete, and will depend on what they are interested in and what they are able to contribute
Got more questions? Email Kim at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to get an answer to you.
Interested in applying? Do so before our deadline at the end of January here: http://raceeverywhere.com/blog/ambassador-app-2017/